I love it when other people who read my blog every day think that I’m doing a good job. I don’t think that I write about things that the average person would be interested in, however the readers who do come to visit my blog are usually ones who can relate to some of the things that I’m going through. I try to keep it very simple and only write about things that I’ve lived thought myself, so for those who do understand my blog my heart hurts for you. I think that if I hadn’t gotten so many wonderful compliments on my writing subject, and my sometimes different ways of explaining things, I might have stopped writing long ago.
Yesterday I found out that someone who I admire very much, SwittersB had nominated me for ‘The One Lovely Blog Award’ . How great is that?! Ever since I began writing, I only wrote with the intention of helping myself process all the crazy things in my life, so just the fact that anyone understands me is a great thing. There are a few things that I’m supposed to do to accept this award, so I’ll do that right now.
I’m supposed to tell you a few unsolicited /quirky things about me and to point toward other notable, inspiring blogs that are equally One Lovely Blog and deserving of an award.
1. I can’t eat any food that someone other than my husband has touched. (I get a lot of grief for this)
2. I love my home and don’t like to go other places very often if I can help it.
3. My favorite place to be is in my bed at night, on freshly cleaned linen sheets with a book, propped up on a bunch of overstuffed pillows surrounded by Rick, Cali and Bob (who takes up way more room than he needs).
4. I’m more direct with people than I sometimes should be. I think it’s a waste of time to ‘beat around the bush’.
5. I take on people who need my help, as a project, and do everything I can to teach them how to pick themselves up. ( I don’t like when I fail at this but I can’t help everyone).
6. In stead of eating bananas, I have Rick freeze them and make them into banana ice cream…with M&Ms on top
7. I hate to spend money. Shopping for things other than groceries makes me feel guilty for not putting my money to better use.
Now to give you seven other blogs that I think are well done.
1. Judith Thomasberg Judith is a great writer and very funny. She is getting through very tough times with humor. Great job Judith!
2. Mainelyhopeful Susuan is trying to get through the worst of times with the most amount of grace. I’m loving it Susan!
3. The Sarcastic Boob Scorchy is funny and sarcastic and real. I love that she doesn’t ‘hold back’.
4. The Cancer Kitten Cathy is an inspiration to everyone who ever goes through anything new and terrible. She has a great spirit and it shows in her blog.
5. denise4health Denise has not only been going through many cancer treatments of her own but she also helps other women who are facing similar issues. Way to go Denise!
6. Bucket List Publications Lesley and her husband and her baby travel the world looking for adventure, and they certainly find it. Great writing Leslie, it’s like you’re taking us all with you!
7. Hoarding Woes & You Gary has two blogs but this one is my favorite. It shows what a giving and unselfish man he is. Thank you Gary for giving us all a look into your life. I just couldn’t finish this list without you on it my friend!